Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Recording: Heraclitus Akimbo

Artist: Heraclitus Akimbo

Song: Live Variations [excerpt]

Recorded at Array Space, December 21, 2015.

Heraclitus Akimbo - Live Variations [excerpt]

Well, file this under conflicts-of-interest, I suppose, as this is indeed the bandonym of this blog's very author. Pushing forward with the sounds that came out on my tape from this summer and reflecting a recent fascination with numbers stations, this set mixed some live-streamed shortwave radio with keyboard loops. It didn't quite all work as intended, but it came through okay — and as I'm fond of telling musicians who report that same thing to me, no one in the crowd actually knew how it was "supposed" to sound anyway.

Anyone who wants to hear more of these sounds can check out some recordings I made during the preparations for the gig, or this video for a more succinct/visual representation of same. I'm also amused with this "cosmic remix" of the live performance from Jakob Rehlinger:

photo by J. Doell

No comments:

Post a Comment