Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Six years/Six pack: Jason Doell

MFS has turned six! My introductory thoughts on this landmark can be found here, but long story short: I asked some folks to pick some of their favourites to help me celebrate.

Today's list is from Jason Doell, who I met as a "rising young composer" — a station that he occupies with something less than a self-serious sense of purpose and destiny. He also has (as it turns out) a shady rock'n'roll past, as well as a biting wit, as demonstrated in the description below that he sent when I asked if he had any topical thoughts to go with his picks.


Here is my six pack. Review to follow.

Martin Arnold & Friends - The Cuckoo Bird

DUST - ECSTASIS [excerpt, part 2]

Thin Edge New Music Collective - 4 Postcards [Movement 4]

Bespoken - Aigre Douce IV

David Schotzko - Silver Streetcar for the Orchestra

Bruised Knees - Holy See's Horror


You can always click on the tags below to look for more stuff from these artists. Has there been a half-dozen songs posted here that made an impact on you? If you'd like to get in on the action and make a list, feel free to send me an email: mechanicalforestsound@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment