Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Recording: Moss Lime

Artist: Moss Lime

Song: unknown*

Recorded at The Silver Dollar Room, November 29, 2014.

Moss Lime - unknown

I tend to leave a lot of my music discovery to happen when I'm out at gigs, so I hadn't looked up anything about this night's first band before they hit the stage. It only took a couple songs for me to conclude that this Montréal trio are exactly the sort of thing I like. Playing "quietly", inasmuch as there's a lot of space not filled in between bass, drum and guitar, the first sonic touchstone that popped in my mind was Young Marble Giants. The second was the dry spareness of Freelove Fenner, so it was a pleasant surprise to note after the set that their tape was in fact recorded at FF's Bottle Garden studio. Definitely anticipating the group's next trip back to these parts.

* Does anyone know the title to this one? Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment