Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Recording: Relay Studio

Artist: Relay Studio

Song: Stoke [late nuit excursion]

Recorded at The Great Hall, OCADU (Nuit Blanche), October 5, 2013.

Relay Studio - Stoke [late nuit excursion]

A field recording from my Nuit Blanche wanderings. I went out of my way to make sure I hit OCAD to check out The Chime, but stopped in to hang out with this for a good while first. Filling the expansive Great Hall with warm whirring white noise from speakers spread around the room's perimeter, there were no clear instructions on how to trigger changes in the sound, but the audience intuitively took to the platform in the middle of the room that vibrated with pulsating rumbles while colours danced on the strips of screen above them. I sat against a wall and just listened for a spell, and fifteen minutes very quickly went by.

No comments:

Post a Comment